Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here Not There

Vision Expo West is this weekend in Las Vegas, and I am at home being a Mom instead of there being an Optician/Buyer. It's happy and strange. Uncle Doc ( the coolest Optometrist in town/ my boss ) and my Kristy ( dear friend and work mate who has taken over my desk for me ) are there and I am receiving phone calls about all the shenanigans they are enjoying there without me. They are probably at some sparkly cocktail party right about now, while I am happily feeding Annie a leche cocktail. There is at least a very sincere disclaimer when we've spoken, that I am missed and asked after . It's good to hear. These are two people who pretty much saw a play by play of all this little family has been through in 2008 and have been an amazing support through it all. Truly...



Almost a year ago now, the Doc and I started designing an optical boutique together, and opened the doors of Urban Optiks in January. February is when Pops and I found out we were pregnant. We had our grand opening party at the op-shop in March, and March 31st is the day we found out that Annabelle has Spina Bifida. In April the Annabelly actually went with me to Expo East in Manhattan.

This is Ralph of ic! berlin ( eye wear line we carry ) in NY making fun of me and my Annabelly.

On this same trip, she went with me to stay in Brooklyn and in the Berkshires ( that was the expo post party! ). Oh, the Places She's Been! She's just not quite ready for Las Vegas. Not this year anyhow.

Happy Expo Doc and Kristy!


3 comments:

Joye Lisk said...

Don'tcha suppose there will be a Sarah Palin line of specs soon!? Auntie Joye

Anonymous said...

Thanks HB! You were truly missed! There were many toasts in yours and Annabelle's honor. We had a good time but I would rather not do that without you again. Vision Expo East will be the return of "The Institution".

Anonymous said...

Holly, you are gorgeous!