Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bubbley Toes

I just spent about an hour in a trance staring at my daughter's toes as she wiggled the ones on her right foot, with slight movements of that foot as well. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's huge. We have not seen her move her legs yet. We have seen glimpses of her moving her toes on her little clubbed feet in working with the Physical Therapist in the NICU, and some very slight responses to pressuring touches. Little grabs when you put your finger underneath them that I'm praying wasn't just my hopeful imagination, but this was without any coaxing. Very obvious and very consistent. Lots of wiggles. I was transfixed with joy and gratitude.


Be still my beating heart.

8 comments:

Joye Lisk said...

Wiggle, wiggle little toes...
Joy unleashed her Mommy knows!
Auntie Joye

marci said...

Beautiful!

Jenn said...

Oh, tears of joy! Wiggle, little Annie Lu, wiggle!!

StephLove said...

What wonderful news! Keep on wiggling those toes, Annabelle.

Sean said...

Awesome news!

Anonymous said...

Holly -
I've been following Matt's blog since I saw "The Doc's" sign that Annabelle had been born. I can't tell you how excited I am that she turned out to be such a fighter and proved them all wrong. ;o) You are a beautiful family and I wish you all the love and happiness in the world... you deserve it! Hope to see you soon!
-gillian.

1stteacher said...

I can only say "Go Annabelle"!!!! You're the champ!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Your post brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart! I can't wait to play with her piggies after we get home!