Sunday, May 17, 2009

Earth 'N' Fire


I begin and end this post with footage from what we've decided on as a must do, Idyllwild tradition.  This first one I found comical as Pops and I are having a sort of silent Mother's Day argument.  Awesome.  I love it.
When Pops asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day, I asked if we could go to the "paint your own pottery" place I saw.  He said he thought that sounded like a good idea, and asked if I had any requests.  I told him I just wanted Annabelle's hand prints on something but that the rest was up to them. His response was " I was hoping that's what you'd say."  And I saw the wheels begin to turn in his head.

Annie thought the first few prints were really fun, but she eventually got a little tired of being messed with.
 
Such a nice couple that owns Earth 'N' Fire.  They were really helpful, and happy to let our big Buckley dog join in the fun.  Matt, Annie, and Buckley made a shared piece of artwork for me that was so clever and BEAUTIFUL!!  A platter with little hand and paw prints artfully turned into flowers in a field.  Such a treasured gift and experience.
 
This is one of those memories that I thought would be great to watch with Miss Belle when she's older.  I'm so glad we did this!  

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That was such a great idea. You guys did a beautiful job on the pottery. Have you ever seen art with finger/thumb prints? The kids usually come home from pre-school with finger print cards for Mother's Day.
Michelle & Girls in WA

Stacy said...

That is awesome! I love it! I have a plate with all my kids handprints on it. Pottery is such a great keepsake!

Missjenny619 said...

Wow... Buckley's paw prints are as big as Annabelle's hand prints! That is sooo cute! What a great picture =)

Jennifer Saber