Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Hoop-de-la!

So last weekend was what I've been referring to as the WWW. The Wonderful Whirlwind Weekend. Within it was reunions, a retirement, a birthday, and an engagement! Sheesh! It was all amazing, but a bit of a blur, and left me wanting more. More time to be, and enjoy, and reflect, and get-to-know...together. We went up specifically for my Dad's retirement party, but several other celebrations cropped up. This dinner turned into a belated birthday time for my Sis.
What started out as much needed catching up, quickly turned into crazy laughter. I love that about my family.


Our dinner party merged into a tattoo party in Mom & Dad's kitchen.

Which merged into an ENGAGEMENT party. That's right. THIS guy, in the middle of all the nutty tattoo hub-bub, gets down on one knee, and proposed to MY Niece.
It figures that he felt inspired to do this during a tattoo fest. The dude has one or two...or five or ten himself. Signing up to join this goofy family, warrants one that represents love for someone on wheels.
Maybe it was the love in the air, but even Papa let us at him.

Joel bonding with Annabelle.

Annie & Uncle Wes.

Annie & Ava in their fluffy coats from Auntie Heather.

The three Granddaughters ( cousins! ).

Annie & C.C.


My Sister, Me, My Brother, and our Daughters


Cousins.

So it was time for my Dad to preach his last sermon as a Pastor. It was an emotional day full of so much beauty to celebrate.
This is what I grew up with seeing every Sunday. This day was surreal.
A retirement gift.
My parents are enjoying themselves in Hawaii right now. Their church sent them for two weeks to honor all their years of service. I am so thrilled for them! What a beautiful gift.


After church, we had a wonderful catered lunch together as a family.






And after lunch we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous Fall display at "Tracy's Produce" in my parents little town. This is a stop that I have to make every time I'm there.

What a nice spot for some engagement photos!





Of course the rest of us couldn't resist some family pics in the awesome pumpkin house.


So many Pumpkins!



Peek-a-boo Ava!


My Little Pumpkin.


That night was a beautiful reception at the church for my Dad. I cried all the way through it, and have no photos to share. The sanctuary transformed into a lovely dining room with music, and heartwarming testimonies from so many people talking about how Dad had touched their lives. It was truly an honor to be in that room. I was so proud of my parents.

The next day was a spontaneous dress shopping day for the girls. Crystal was too excited to try on some pretty bridal gowns, and the rest of us ladies did not argue.
Little Cousins Annabelle & Ava are going to be FLOWER GIRLS!
I am going to pass out.
Way to special.

Later on we ventured over to see the house my brother's little family is having built.


Annie & Ava had another play session. This one was actually a milestone. They chased each other around the big open house. It was the first time I'd seen Annabelle "run around" with another child. It brought me a tremendous amount of joy.

Here they are just sharing Annie's beloved ribbon stash. I will share video of the chase later.

My brother Jeremy working hard on his house.
We all shared one more meal together that night, and then it was time to fly out, early the next day.
The time up North was way too short, but so very cherished.

No comments: