Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Out Of These Woods


And on to the next. Maybe the next glen will smell less like betadine and dermabond, and more like wild flowers. Here's hoping. Last week was indeed a doozy full of anxiety and concern, and I must admit, fear. True to form, Annabelle soared through the lot of it ( two different surgeries on her sweet little noggin ) , and gave us plenty of "what's all the fuss about? " expressions. Makes mom and dad look pretty wimpy. I got a laugh out of Pops when I asked him if he thought either one of us would go home the day after having a two part brain surgery. I'm telling you, this Little Champ is an old soul. I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, but I know it to be true.

One of the many positive things that has happened on this journey with Miss Belle, is how my view of hospitals has changed. It's not the dark and scary place where people hurt you, it's the safe haven where people care and make you better. I know that this is not the experience of many, and I pray that Annie will share our feelings on the matter as we have been so fortunate to have received amazing care from so many doctors and nurses. The NICU at Mary Birch here in San Diego is one of the most loved filled rooms I have ever set foot in. I got that same feeling during our stay at Rady Children's Hospital for Annie's surgery last week. Our little Angel has put us in contact with a whole host of Angels, and for that we are truly grateful.

This picture was taken the day we came home from the hospital. As if to say "aahhh, home sweet home." The pose in the photo is not a pose. This is how she sleeps pretty much every time. What a crack up! She's a lounger. Like she doesn't have a care in the world. It's another thing she's trying to teach her parents who both have tendencies to be a bit high strung.

Thanks to those of you who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers. It has meant so very much to us. Just doing our best to stand on the Rock that is solid. Holding on and letting go simultaneously.

3 comments:

matt said...

good one -m

Me said...

I can't wait to hear what she actually has to say to go along with those courageous and spirited expressions. She is going to be a fun one!

Anonymous said...

What a precious angel!! Not a care in the world.These wonderful pictures and stories you are so generous to share with us of Annabelle just melt my heart. Thankyou so much for allowing us to be a part of your journey. You are amazing parents.Always in my thoughts and prayers, Michele