Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Celebrating Freedom

Sharing such a beautiful day with my family and friends on Memorial Day overwhelmed me with gratitude to the service men and women of this country. Our favorite park seemed all the more radiant that day full of sunshine and the buzz of people observing the holiday.

This photo was taken by a woman who just walked up to us and asked if she could take our picture. I think the tiny wheel chair triggers an uncommon feeling in passers by, but it blessed me all the same.



This ride on the kiddie train led to this WONDERFUL nap.

So while Pops was a-reading, and The Little Pie was a-sleeping, I decided to take some pictures of Balboa Park's lovely water lilies.




Our spot. We picnicked, napped, and just enjoyed the day together.

My Boys.

After Annabelle woke from her nap, we headed over to the evening gathering at Casa de Kess.

Sharing stories, laughter, and breaking bread together at one of the warmest tables in town.




Unca Day blocks the stairs.

Our Adey Family.

Happy kids at play.

Annie and Dot.

What a fine, fine day of blessings.

No comments: