Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goo Warning

Ok, so Annabelle is sleeping, and I just went in to check on her... you know, hear her breathe...the usual crazy mom stuff. I SWEAR I love her so much I sometimes feel I'm going to PASS OUT. You think I'm being funny? My eyes welled up typing that. I remember thinking I didn't know if I could handle being a mom for this very reason. Knowing this very thing about my personality. Being afraid of feeling THAT much. So glad I didn't listen to the nonsense in my head. I have been transformed on the matter. Transformed into not caring how much I feel because I get to be HER MOM. Transformed into Annie's Mom. And it's not that I have lost myself. Quite the opposite really. She found me.

6 comments:

marci said...

Good one. I know what you mean!

Me said...

I know huh? Oh My Goodness - Reading this my eyes welled up. I get it! I SOOO get it! I have also found that you can't explain it to anyone who has not gone through it, right? They just don't get it.

I have to write about this because I was recently with my hair girl who reminded me of a time long ago when apparently (she must have me mixed up with someone else) I felt differently, which is unbelievable to me.

Sean said...

Beautiful to be overwhelmed so.

-gillian. said...

Awww... you are so sweet! And such an amaxing mommy to that wonderful little girl of yours!
Love ya both! ;o)

Joye Lisk said...

Yep! They have a way of finding you.....that central you....the place where tears begin and your knees get weak at the very thought of them. Boy of boy...and they eventually work it too! Giggle!

StephLove said...

I still go in and watch Noah sleep sometimes and he's almost eight and a half.