Thursday, November 6, 2008

Plastered

Annie got her casts put on today to straighten out her little feet. As per usual, she was a real trooper. She did much better than I did with it. The casts are pretty big, heavy, and awkward, and they go all the way from toe to hip. She will be recast every week for two to three months. I already miss her soft little legs. Ok, I'll say it... I will also miss her precious club feet. I know it sounds crazy, or even wrong. Think what you will. I know it's for the best, and I'd never wish anything less for my darling girl, but it's how God made her. It's how I fell in love with her, and I'm admitting today that I will miss them. She is so beautiful to me no matter what.


Bless her heart.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly, I understand completely. Her feet were absolutely precious.

Michelle said...

oh my goodness! what an absolute angel!

Anonymous said...

From "Big Brother" Corey:

"I hope she gets better quickly. I will pray for her."

From "Big Brother" Jordan:

"Annie is very cute. I love her a whole bunch. God has helped Annie in her life."

From "Big Brother" Riley:

"I like her. I love her. She's my precious."

Kori said...

Precious pictures, precious thoughts from her mommy.

Joye Lisk said...

Bless her heart....
And bless her toes.
Bless her tummy....
And bless her nose.
Bless her Daddy and her Mom.
Help her dance at every prom.

Auntie Joye

Stacy said...

Very sweet words and pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss them too. I wanted to post about how I loved her feet in A Slice of Angel Pie...now I'm kicking myself because I didn't...phhttt! There just aren't words to describe these pictures...they are precious, precious, precious, yet at the same time my heart aches because it doesn't look easy to watch on your baby girl.

I like watching you be a mommy, it's so incredibly sweet.

Michelle said...

Seemed like we always had to wait after the cast was off for the doctor to come in and look at legs and feet. It might be worth it to take a washcloth and lotion with you. While waiting for the doctor, or when he is done looking, before the new cast goes on, wash the legs and feet and put lotion on them. One of my favorite things to do!