Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcomed Rain

This morning was the right one for a good rain. A nice low booming rumble of thunder came followed by the ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh of falling water. A calming symphony to my ears. It was gorgeous. The heat needed that shush here in San Diego. It was a bit too loud for the end of September. Quiet down you Heat!

This time if year I really miss Seattle. Pops and I lived there for a good chunk of time and it will always be a part of me. The husband ( "Pops" ) is a Native Southern Californian, and we eventually decided that we'd rather look forward to the rain than the sun. We got rained out. So a few years back, we moved back to where we started here in San Diego. We really love it here. Fall has always been my favorite season though, and Southern California doesn't seem to think it's quite as important as I do. I have pangs for the hovering colors of Wallingford, Green Lake, Freemont, Queen Anne, Revenna, and Madison Park. The charming streets of Seattle. I want to walk through Pioneer Square ( Old Seattle ), enjoy the market and all of the old brick buildings with my cup of coffee, and need to wear a scarf.

Come Spring, our friends and family there will be singing the opposite blues that I am now. Coveting the sunshine and begging the halt of the constant drizzle and often downpour, and our decision again felt right this morning as I welcomed the rain.

4 comments:

matt said...

Good One

Jenn said...

SEATTLE MISSES YOU TOO! Oh, it really is something to see, isn't it? I'll be sure to send you an awesome "hover" pic when the leaves turn a million colors a little later this month. Was just thinking the other day of our Linden and Day pumpkin patch outing. It doesn't get much better than that. Oh, well, maybe DC in October, and add another part Hawkins. That is pretty darn great too!

Crystal said...

as much as i am a california girl, this makes me think about how much i really do love the the pacific northwest. yesterday i broke out the pumpkin scented wallflower as i noticed the first golden leaves in our lawn :)

Sean said...

My new favorite blog. I'm going to love checking in.